Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27, 2010....We journey along......

We are so excited this morning.....Benny's prayer before breakfast is very touching, thanking the Lord for all our blessings...and we are blessed. I have to laugh,and ask him, "Do you think we are just too old and crazy to be doing this"?...and he answers me with " If we were younger, we wouldn't have any
sense."...He tries to call the company about getting the huge roll-off dumpster that we need in place, and impatience begins....he hands me the phone and says "You talk to the machine" and I have to laugh. I leave a voice message, the person does have a cell phone contact, but it is still early in the morning.I try the cell phone, no
answer. I call back to the first number of the company and am told there is no one else to talk to, the lady should be in soon....and wait another hour...I call my best friend Terri, just to be praying for me, and we discuss how all this is coming together, how amazing the Lord is, and how impatient we humans can be at times.

Two and 1/2 hours later, the company still has not returned our call, so Benny has gone down to city hall to see if they can help get the ball rolling (or the burned house demolished) so to speak. It is so hard just to get a dumpster ! Benny had the paper work started at the bank on the deed to the property this morning, so another step is being taken. He also has talked with our real-estate agent that we are changing locations to move the western house, and she will try to get in touch with the movers. They are so busy..they have several houses to move ahead of ours, one in Abilene, one in Albany,and several yet in Cisco. We are third on the list, but it will all come together in His time.
The phone rang, and it was the Dumpster Lady.She was very informative, need a contract, need a place to fax it....got that accomplished, and she knew the house !Stated nothing can be done until Monday, but they will deliver two dumpsters.....stated she thought there would be 8-10 emptyings, this is
getting expensive, but has to be done.The metal roof and some other metal items can be recycled, which the back-hoe operator wanted, will bring down his costs a little bit. We have managed to salvage the huge electric box on the house, so we can reuse that for the one we bring in...it is all working out....in His time....
I ran outside to tell Benny they were faxing the papers to city hall, and he told me they close at 1 PM, so he got in the pick-up and dashed off to get the papers. The phone rings, it is 1 PM and the Dumpster Lady tells me the papers were faxed...I am hopeful Benny is there to intercept them...it is now closing time...He just walks in
the door...made it in time, papers faxed back...and she sent me an estimate....Bless her,Lord....

Later this afternoon, the phone rings...Dumpster Lady calling...wants billing
information...entire amount is due NOW...oops....our card will only allow a certain
amount, so she takes all of it...and will need the rest Monday, will have to make arrangements at the bank to pay the entire amount from our account....I did not realize you had to pay it entirely before anything was done....I have learned something today....
Called the Backhoe Man...explained dumpsters will be here Monday...they will pick them up Tuesday, have to have them filled, will even have to pay if they are empty..Bless his heart...he will begin knocking down the house on Sunday, fill the dumpsters when they arrive on Monday.
My nerves are frazzled today...but I ask myself why I am concerned, He has it all under control.....the sparrows that fall are even known, and every hair on my head, which has more grey this morning, is numbered.... Lord,just let me keep holding tight.......
Evening has arrived...we are worn out...I have not fed the animals yet, so I know the goats, llama, doves, cats and dogs are eager for their evening meal. Benny states he still has to go feed Hombre the LongHorn...hungry critters...
we will have to talk to them about rationing their feed a little, Momma is running out of chicken feed.
Just before dark thirty, I walk down the road and look at the old house again....I told it that it would be torn down on Sunday, but I would see a nice house replaced it....and the police tape that covers the lot began to blow and twist in
the wind....almost like the house talked back to me, a strange sensation......it is just wood and nails, but the hollow broken windows speak to my soul.
The King's House

No comments:

Post a Comment