Thursday, October 28, 2010

October 28th

Well, today accomplished a little bit more. Last night I heard the sound of machinery and looked down the street...the back porch was being put up !!! I was so excited to see that being done.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Half of it is across now, it is slow to put up, lots of work for the guys.
We are still waiting for help to arrive to lift the wood stoves back in place. This is taking longer than I thought, just can't get everybody together at the same time.
Homeless Friend came and put the light back up in the kitchen. I talked to him today that I was not happy the way things were being done, felt he could do more to help out for what we were providing him with.....he did work most of the afternoon, but I don't know what will become of him later down the road. I want people to keep their word with me instead of waiting for the job to be done as agreed and they never show up. He had done nothing in over two weeks. We will see how things turn out later on...
And my dear friend Terri came to visit me today, we always have so much fun, praising the Lord for all His blessings, and discuss our faiths. I found a great bargain on Ramen Noodles today....close out.....$1 a case....24 packages in a case...I ended up buying 7 cases, so I shared...she took five.....I love a bargain.
And I shared a jar of applebutter with another friend...had to fancy the jar up a little bit...I have been doing fancy jars this year...LOL

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through HT and love reading about the houses you're rescuing. I understand your being frustrated with the homeless fellow. It seems that you're being taken advantage of and that woulnd't set well with me either. Maybe now that you've approached him about it he will start doing more.

    The decorated jars are really cute. I will use that idea for some jars of jam I'm giving for Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete